Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Mother's Touch












So, I've finally succumbed. All my life, my precious mother has been trying to get me to cook. I've resisted with valiance and great success. She's at times said, half-jokingly, half-sadly, that's "she's failed as a mother" because of my culinary dullardry. Well my mother is no failure. She's simply persistent, and her persistence has finally won out Praise God!
She's spent the last two days at my place cooking and teaching me to prepare food that I may cook on my own, and I'm incredibly excited.

I've recently discovered the joy of eating as healthfully as possible, the way God intended, and mother's recently discovered how to cook this way at a new level. Lucky me! See, too often veggie or even vegan dishes are....well....food you "choke" down. Sweet goodness, it doesn't have to be that way!

I'm telling you, I've never eaten better, and never felt better. Well prepared vegetarian or even vegan food is so incredible, it's like my tongue's discovered a new country. Okay, okay...but I'm lovin' it and I'm lovin' my mum for her time and perseverance. Tomorrow we're making apple pie...

7 comments:

Patty said...

Hey Brian...i want to try this food!!!

Elaine and Murray said...

Sounds like your Mom is enjoying her domestic side now with some time opn her hands & you are the beneficiary. Enjoy!

Steven and Kimberly said...

Looks really good...and I'm not even hungry right now. Maybe we'll have to get you up here so you can teach me your newfound culinary skills.

Steven and Kimberly said...

Brian...could you please email us since we don't know your email address? There's something we wanted to run by you...Steven & Kim

skweich@abnorth.com

The Letniaks said...

Wow, your mom is REALLY enjoying her "time off"!! Great to see and I can't wait to try your new-found talent!!

Anonymous said...

Brian- Did you really make those swirls in what ever that small cup of something is? That's pretty fancy if you did-I kind of thought it looked like a photo from "Cooking with Tofu". You're on for the entree for the next family gathering!! Aunt Darlene

Blessed Brian said...

Sorry to disappoint all, but that's actually a representative pic from the internet : ) I assure you mother's (and soon my own) food was equally well presented though!