Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mums















For me, this past weekend was a blessing because I could reflect on the strength and love of a mother. In particular mine... and hers. My mum got an award for the best school administrator in Canada and her mum's sporting a cute short hairdo and her angelic smile, despite recovering from a nasty fall.
But deeper than that, I believe that if we didn't have mothers, we'd never quite understand the love of Christ. It's a determined love, a tenacious love. It doesn't matter how much we reject, berate or hurt them. They'll always return; tenacious, scarred and bleeding, with arms open wide.
To Grama and Mom...Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.....

2 comments:

The Letniaks said...

You couldn't have said it any better Brian! I am beginning to understand that love a little more each day as Jaren grows and tests me more and more. Don't know how the teenage years will be?? It was great to see you, even though it was short, this weekend.

Steven and Kimberly said...

Brian!!! We've been checking and checking your blog for updates. Glad to see you and your family are doing great. Hey, when you're not busy (ha, ha...right? I'm a good jokester), we'd love to have you out to the farm for a few days. We miss you!