Thursday, September 20, 2007

PleaZant Surprise



I have a friend, a good friend. His name is Isheanesu Charumbira. In greeting I often revel in his strong surname with a hearty "Mr. CharumBIRa". I enjoy his last name because it embodies the strength of a man raised by strong, Godly parents in the ravaged country of Zimbabwe. I have shared laughs, sorrows and true Godly fellowship with my Zim brother.
He recently moved to Ontario. It was in a rush, so I never really spent much time thinking about it. Then, a week later, he walked into my workplace unannounced. I'll never forget the joy I felt at seeing my friend again. I realized at that moment how great a friend he is and how much I'll miss him. It was a fleeting experience (I was in the middle of a staff meeting, and he was on his way to the airport having flown in for the day to clear up unfinished business), but it was a powerful one. Epiphanies usually don't last long. But this one lasted long enough for me to cherish it. Cherish yours.

2 comments:

Steven and Kimberly said...

I am very happy for you that God granted such an experience to lift you up the day you got to see your friend again. Congratulations! Blessings to you for a very Happy Sabbath and may God surprise you even again! Much love, Kimberly & Steven (btw, we are avid fans and readers of your blog and were so happy to see a posting! Just teasing you).

Gloria Pierson said...

Great to see postings again! I believe that I have meet your friend,
Charumbira from Zimbabwe a couple of times when I have visited AB. If I'm right he was in a singing group. Friends from many cultures certainly expand our horizons and give us added flavors to our life. Our worldwide friends give must richness to our life.