Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Thanksgiving





























At times I'm overwhelmed by the blessings in my life. If I can say this without being misunderstood, it doesn't seem fair. When I spend a weekend with my entire extended family and realize how much we truly love and enjoy each other...it's staggering and humbling. I know this is the exception, not the rule. And part of me is almost embarrassed at my good fortune, which I've done nothing to warrant.
So that's why I do this.
How else can I deal with the blessings I receive, other than sharing them with others? I share because I can't help it. As David said, "My cup runneth over".
I don't claim to understand why I'm blessed, I only know that to not praise God for the reality of my blessings, would be like damming a waterfall.

2 comments:

Steven and Kimberly said...

Being around family is such a humbling reminder of just how much we ARE blessed, isn't it? Especially when we're just surrounded by family members whom we haven't visited with for awhile...it's inspiring. Have a wonderful week!

Gloria Pierson said...

Great family times make wonderful memories! So neat that you could all be home for Thanksgiving and your Grandma Letniak's birthday celebration. Great family pictures - thanks for posting!